tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Gupta" <amit.gu...@computerware.co.in>
Subject RE: windows-1251 (Russian encoding)
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:25:59 GMT
What DBMS are you using?

MySQL/Oracle/SQL server?

-----Original Message-----
From: maksim.kvitka@pbank.com.ua [mailto:maksim.kvitka@pbank.com.ua]
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2004 4:27 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: windows-1251 (Russian encoding)

Good day.
Sorry for my English, I'll try to explain.

I'm using Tomcat to construct site (using JSP) that extract data using SQL from DB Server.
But I have trouble. Some information from DB written using character encoding windows-1251.
After SQL request I retrieve information like "??? «?????" instead of normal russian word.
If you ever used Sybase Jaguar Server you saw that there you can correct charsets parameters
for your language but in Tomcat I don't know how I can do it.
How I can configure retrieve info from DB in correct charset in Tomcat?

Thanks a lot.
ps: sorry for my English. By the way, I'm from Ukrain.   8)

Kvitka Maxim