tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manisha Sathe <manisha_msa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Want to know better way of deploying
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:21:03 GMT
I am using ant to create war file. Then i undeploy previous version and try to deploy new version.
But when i try to do this it says

FAIL - War file "strutstest.war" already exists on server

Inside /webapp - previous uploaded war file is still present. I can not delete just like that
as it says sharing violation.

So i need to stop Tomcat, delete /webapp/{my prev war file}. Then start the Tomcat again and
deploy the new file.

Is there any other soln ? so that w/o restarting my tomcat can i just deploy new version ?

regards

Manisha