tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zsolt Koppany" <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject Strange memory behavior in tomcat-5.0.27
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:22:15 GMT
Hi,

Our application based on Tomcat has a strange memory behavior on Linux (SuSe
8.1 kernel: 2.4.20 #1 SMP). The utility "top" shows RSS between 132-160MB
but SIZE is increasing. After one or two weeks SIZE is approx. 180M and than
we get an OutOfMemory exception and SIZE drops to 159M.

I have tested the application with Borland's optimizeit but found no memory
leak. Any ideas?

TC: 5.0.27
Jre: build 1.4.2_06-b03 with the switches:

-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx75M -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40
   -XX:MinHeapFreeRation=60

The script that starts java also contains:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

Zsolt

Zsolt Koppany
Phone: +49-711-722 1874
--
Intland Software GmbH, Schulze-Delitzsch-Strasse 16
D-70565 Stuttgart, Germany