tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Reger, Jr." <...@joereger.com>
Subject Manually Populate Request Object Name/Value Parameters?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:15:10 GMT

The scenario is a timed-out login session:  The user writes a wonderful
something in a web page form.  They finally submit it but I have to redirect
to the login page to collect credentials because the session has timed out.

Question: Is there any way to restore that original request (with the user's
hard work in it) and throw it back at the page the user was trying to hit
after I collect credentials?

If not then prior to redirecting for login I'd like to store the name/value
pairs from the request in the session, collect login credentials and then
rebuild the request manually by setting the URL and name/value request
parameters?

I'm using a homebrew login scheme.  Would switching to form-based
authentication automatically restore the original request once the user is
logged-in?

Thanks,

Joe