tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Schuerig <mich...@schuerig.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat & threads
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:57:15 GMT
On Friday 10 December 2004 19:11, Robert Harper wrote:
> I am not familiar with Doug Lea or any of his opinions.

He's the author of the book "Concurrent Programming in
Java" (Addison-Wesley) and the concurrency library that has in J2SDK 5
become java.util.concurrent.

> I do not have
> direct control of the threading of the RMI communication. The RMI
> method calls are asynchronous and I have to wait for the return
> message before I can produce the display content. I have not gone too
> deep into JMS to make it event driven yet. This would be my next
> change after I get basic functionality.

I haven't had to deal with the kind of problem myself, but maybe the
following articles are helpful when you consider using JMS.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-tip-altdesign1/
http://www.javaranch.com/newsletter/200403/AsynchronousProcessingFromServlets.html

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                 Nothing is as brilliantly adaptive
mailto:michael@schuerig.de       as selective stupidity.