tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: tag reference advice
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 03:46:45 GMT
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 06:03:31PM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
: [snip]
: so if I already know the tag name and the
: library it is in I can easily look it up. What I'm looking for is some
: sort of browsing reference that has all of the libraries listed together
: or something with a functional search...e.g.,

One option would be to get a book (or read the docs) for the standard
JSTL tags and the Struts tags.  Get to know those inside-out, and then
when you need something else, just Google for "taglib {topic}" and go
from there.

As long as you're not using a Model 1 architecture, my guess is that the
base JSTL + Struts (or whatever framework you use) taglibs should
suffice.  Anything else and you're walking the fine line of putting too
much app logic into the presentation layer.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com