tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sawlor...@forces.gc.ca
Subject Possible to Authenticate from Servlet/Webapp Code?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:45:09 GMT
Question:
---------
Is there a way to authenticate a user to the container (including SSO) from
within a servlet? Something like:

protected void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp) {
    Realm tomcatRealm = //how to get the realm???
    tomcatRealm.authenticate("dauser", "dauserspassword");
}

Other Info:
I know how to configure the custom login pages, etc., but I need a way to
authenticate in two places at once, due to a legacy application.

It seems like this should be easy to do, so I expect I'm missing something
obvious, but I simply can't figure out how to do it. I've been searching for
a while...

While standards-based would be better, a Tomcat-specific way would be fine
as well.

--
Tim Sawlor