tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chirag <csp...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Chirag: java.net.SocketException: socket closed Endpoint ServerSocket
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:16:57 GMT
No I have checked that and no application is running at port 80

According to me the problem is that some exception is raised due to which the tomcat server
attempts to restart itself but as the server must not have released its ServerSocket it is
not able to bind the port with the ServerSocket

I don't know whether I am correct

The problem is that I am not able to see the whole Tomcat Server Exception as no log files
are created in %CATLINA_HOME%\log folder

Can you give me the way by which I can read the whole exception as the real error is scrolled
out in Windows 98 DOS Window

I can read the whole log and provide you with all the details

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

So far it is making sense. Now check all your other apps and see what may already be using
port 80. One way to do this is to do ctrl + alt +del and end task until only explorer is left.
Then try Tomcat. If It works you then need to sort thru the apps and determine which one is
on port 80.

Or change Tomcat back to using port 8080.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chirag" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>