tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sarah <wenxue_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat 5 and UTF-8 encoding
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:23:34 GMT
Hi,
   I need to use jsp to display some data in Japanese character from MS SQL server database.
 I have already set the encoding in jsp to be:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

If I use tomcat version 5.0.18, then the japanese character is displayed correctly.  However,
if I use 5.0.28 or 5.5.4, the characters are something like "???".  If I right click the html
page generated from jsp on the above versions, I can see the encoding to be Western instead
of "UTF-8" like what happened with 5.0.18.  Does anyone know what cause this problem and if
any configuration of Tomcat needs to be made.  Thank you very much for your help.

Sarah