tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mieke Banderas" <miekebande...@gamebox.net>
Subject simplest way to cache jsp pages into built "static" files?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:51:31 GMT
What's the simplest way of caching jsp-generated pages, built by Tomcat
4, so that Apache 2 serves most of these (except a few) as static (but
rebuildable) pages even as the address ends in ".jsp"? The exception
being when the dynamic portion of a page needs to be built just right
after the page is requested. A typical Blogpage could work better with
this scenario, I suppose many Blogs work like that.

What technologies and/or methods would be a good idea to look at?
I don't want to spend money for licenses at this stage as there is none
or at least close to that. Also, it should be as simple and non
demanding, concerning setup and hardware, as can be without compromising
basic functionality.

If you know a good article, online resource or book on the subject or if
you otherwise can advice, I'd be very interested to know. Deployment will
probably be on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6 and Apache 2.0.48 with Tomcat 4.1.24.