tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chirag <csp...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Chirag: java.net.SocketException: socket closed Endpoint ServerSocket
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:53:30 GMT
Software Installed
--------------------------

jakarta-tomcat-5.5.2
JDK 1.5
IE 6.0SP1

Requirement
--------------------

The PC has Internet Connection. and we start the Tomcat Server.

After that we try to see the site
http://localhost:8080/

We get normal Tomcat Home Page ready

Afterwards I try to surf the same site by typing

http://160.160.160.160:8080/

where

160.160.160.160 is the IP address

After that the Tomcat Server throws the error and the IE also is trying to display the page

The problem is that I want that other people should be able to access my site through IP Address
and I don't want to get into the domain thing

How to do that

Exception Raised in Tomcot Server

INFO: Server startup in 20650 msNov 18, 2004 8:03:23 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
acceptSocketSEVERE: Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080] ignored
exception: java.net.SocketException: socket closedjava.net.SocketException: socket closed
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
       at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:60)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:368)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:548)
  at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)Nov 18, 2004 8:03:23 PM
 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint acceptSocketWARNING: Reinitializing ServerSocket

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

 Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input]  Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com