tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dustin <>
Subject Re: Deployment problem
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 02:30:38 GMT
First, QM, about the work/ dir, too late. Already
doing it. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems.
Thanks for the warning tho...

Second, I figured out what I was doing wrong in the
tomcat 5 workaround I was experimenting with. If I
would have just read the stupid logs after the tomcat
restart, I would have noticed the error was:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/srv/stuff does not exist or is not a readable

So i just changed the docBase attribute in the Context
element to simply "stuff" instead of "/srv/stuff". The
application reloads with tomcat nicely.

This still seems like a hack to me, always having to
use the html manager interface. So if anyone knows of
a better way, I would love to hear it.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: