tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: common image practice?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:52:54 GMT
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:36:35PM -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
: I do come from that background,

So did I, which is why I brought it up. =) When in Rome...

: Having it update at runtime makes theme changes easier, though not much.

Ah, I see -- if you mean that your webapps run in an exploded-dir format
(instead of a packed/sealed WAR file) then this may be tempting. I aim
for full WAR files for all but the development phase.  It's cleaner, it
enforces the "self-contained" idea, and (IIRC) it's the only webapp
format the spec requires containers to support.

: The other concern here is file space from duplication of resources.

If you're writing Java webapps, tacking a few kb (or even a few hundred
kb) onto each WAR file isn't a big deal.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com