tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gokul Jeyapaul" <jgk_eni...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Can i make Tomcat read my own Deployment Descriptor??
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:32:11 GMT

Hello Guys,
 Im pretty new to JSP and Servlets.
 I want to know wheather..

 can i make Tomcat read my own Deployment Descriptor and act accordingly.Like can i make Tomcat
read my own XML file which is similar to WEB.XML and act in  a specified way.

 Also i have a doubt that when we are using Struts Framework the Deployment Descriptor is
STRUTS-CONFIG.XML How does Tomcat know that or realize that we are using Struts framework
and uses the appropriate Deployment descriptor.

 If we are able to read our own XML and make Tomcat work accordingly it will be more flexible.

 Sorry if these questions sounds simple pls forgive me,This is coz im really new to Tomcat
and just doing some research with it.
 I wud be grateful if u can help me.
 Thank u.

Regds,