tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sbeam <>
Subject JSTL forEach acting funny
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:33:01 GMT
Hi, Tomcat n00b here just installed 5.5.4. Trying to do the HOWTO at

Finally got the JDBC connection working I think, but my final JSP output
just shows
Foo ${}
Bar ${}

It's like the c:forEach tag is being ignored and the contents are not
parsed at all. I actually have 3 rows in the testdata table so if it
was at least looping I should have repeats. The test.jsp is exactly
like the tutorial. I have jstl.jar and standard.jar in my WEB-INF/lib
copied from jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.2 from the jakarta site.

Please let me know what I did wrong, I am going through the JSTL docs
but everything seems to be on the up-and-up with that...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message