tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Quinton Delpeche <quint...@vippayroll.co.za>
Subject Re: Moving from 4.1.27 to 5.0.28?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 04:16:15 GMT
On Wednesday 01 December 2004 15:08, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> I am thinging of upgrading our prod Tomcat server from 4.1.27 to 5.0.28 (or
> is 5.5.4 a safer bet?) and I was wondering if there would be any problems
> when upgrading? Anything particular I should think of?

My advice is to redo your server.xml file from scratch... ...much safer and
will cause you less headaches.

I recently moved from Tomcat 4 to Tomcat 5 and had a few minor glitches until
I took the time to recreate the server.xml file using the server.minimal.xml
file in the same directory.

> Regards,
>
> BTJ
Quinton Delpeche