tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Venkat & Radha Venkataramanan" <Venk...@WarpDriveOnline.Com>
Subject RE: Webapps Folder
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:27:16 GMT
Yoav:

The admin application is to be installed in the Jakarta_Home/Server/webapps
directory, right?

The reason I am asking you this is after installing it there, it is not
listed in the Applications list on the Tomcat Manager application and if I
do "http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/" I get the response, " Tomcat's
administration web application is no longer installed by default. Download
and install the "admin" package to use it."

Thanks.

VENKAT & RADHA VENKATARAMANAN                                    Phone:
1-201-358-0001
324 St. Mary Street
Hillsdale, NJ 07642
The_Rs@Hotmail.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 10:21 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; Venkats@warpdriveonline.com
Subject: RE: Webapps Folder

Hi,
We are trying to distinguish those webapps which are tightly coupled
with the Tomcat server and its implementation from normal user webapps.
For all intents and purposes, users should ignore server/webapps and
never touch it.  Put all your apps and do your development in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps or another appBase of your choosing if you have a
custom Host, but not server/webapps.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com