tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: ssl configuration. 5.0.28
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:06:55 GMT
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:53:58AM -0000, Pawson, David wrote:
: server.xml shows
: [snip]

Nothing leapt out at me in the excerpt you provided.

: %catalina-home%/webapps/tomcat-docs/ssl-howto.html
: <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
: [snip]

I recall the className attr has a default in Tomcat 5, hence there's no
need for it unless you've provided a custom implementation.  (What
you've specified here may very well be the default; I don't know
off-hand.)

You may need to specify keystore info, if you don't want to go with the
defaults.

: Nothing found in 2.3 spec.

Makes sense.  The spec doesn't dictate how containers provide networking
services; it's just implied that they do. =) <Connector/> is
Tomcat-specific.

: which is definitive/correct/better please? Or where is
: the definitive list found?

I'm not sure what you mean.  What "definitive list?"  The online Tomcat
docs should be fine, and in there you'll find the meaning of all the
<Connector/> attributes.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net