tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: How to Enable Logging HTTP Requests (Tomcat standalone)?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:03:14 GMT

> Yes, something like that.  Did you mean "AccessLogValue"?  I did a
> search on that and didn't find much, but that looks like an Apache
> thing?  I'm running Tomcat standalone (not being front-ended with
> Apache).

In 5.0.28 the accessLogValve is already configured for you.  You just
need to uncommment it in your server.xml file.

<!-- Access log processes all requests for this virtual host.  By
     default, log files are created in the "logs" directory relative to
     $CATALINA_HOME.  If you wish, you can specify a different
     directory with the "directory" attribute.  Specify either a relative
     (to $CATALINA_HOME) or absolute path to the desired directory.
-->
            directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
            pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>