tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject RE: Display of Static Resources
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:00:27 GMT
On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 15:52, Mike Curwen wrote:
> you've named it 'myweb.xml', just so we can tell the attachments apart, or
> is it actually named myweb.xml?  If the latter, change it to web.xml.
>
> And having your servlet mapped to "/" is most likely the problem.
>
> The default servlet is the one that Tomcat uses to serve up static
> resources.  So either change your servlet to handle static resources or (way
> better option), map your servlet to a pattern other than "/", and then
> change your web form accordingly.

Yes, If you don't want to have to type the name of the servlet-mapping
in the URL, create a welcome file listing with the same name as your
url-pattern. (Servlet Spec 2.4 and up)

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>bizDispatcher</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.client.BizDispatcher</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>bizDispatcher</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/bizDispatcher</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
      <welcome-file>bizDispatcher</welcome-file>
      <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
      <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>