tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: Display of Static Resources
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:59:23 GMT
For the most part, you should never need to edit the global web.xml file
(the one under conf).  Each app has it's own web.xml file stored under
it's WEB-INF directory.

Try removing your entries from the global one and put your
servlet/mapping into the one under WEB-INF.

My suspicion is that the problem is right here:
>>    <!-- The mapping for the default servlet -->
>>    <servlet-mapping>
>>        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>>        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
>>    </servlet-mapping>
>>
>>    <servlet-mapping>
>>      <servlet-name>bizDispatcher</servlet-name>
>>      <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
>>    </servlet-mapping>

You have two mappings to the same url-pattern.

Try that and see if it clears things up.

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 12:38, Ram Sriram wrote:
> I have edited the web.xml in conf directory. I have put my class
> directories under ROOT\WEB-INF and the image and params directories
> under ROOT.
> I did not edit the web.xml under ROOT\WEB-INF.
> I am pretty strong on Java, servlet, XML, XSL HTML etc. but weak on
> infrastructure stuff such as Tomcat. Would appreciate some advice and
> help here
> Ben Souther wrote:
>
> >Looks like you've edited the global web.xml file instead of creating
> >your own under your app.
> >
> >Do you have a web.xml file under YOUR_APP/WEB-INF/?
> >
> >On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 11:02, Ram Sriram wrote:
> >

> >>Doug,
> >>attached is the web.xml. This is the one from the conf directory.
> >>I do not have (or not aware of) any mappings other than what is there in
> >>the web.xml.
> >>I have not configured any filters or valves
> >>Thanks...Ram

Do

and even

When