tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: Tomcat mailing list is full of non tomcat topics
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:41:30 GMT
> That said, lengthly threads that banter about the merits of
> various JSRs and specs clearly don't belong here and should
> either be relocated or (more likely), marked OT.

Where Tomcat is used as the reference implementation for the
Servlet and JSP specs, and where the mission of the Tomcat development
team is to deliver a 100% spec compliant Servlet/JSP container, I think
it would be pretty difficult to make a case for calling such discussions
"off-topic".

Another good reason for quoting the specs, chapter and verse, is that the
tomcat documentation, for the most part, doesn't repeat what's in them.
Therefore, the best place to look, when you want to find out why Tomcat
(or any other spec compliant container for that matter) behaves the way
it does, is the specs.

I thought your other points were very valid.

-Ben