tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject [OT] Re: Tomcat mailing list is full of non tomcat topics
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:56:31 GMT
On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 17:41, Roberto Cosenza wrote:
> I'm not talking about moderating but about informing the users that this is
> not the right place.
> Many important (and related) question do not get enough attention in this
> sea of messages.
> /rob

I think this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
does that.

Specifically here:
"Join the lists that are appropriate for your discussion.
Please make sure that you are joining the list that is appropriate for
the topic or product that you would like to discuss. For example, please
do not join the Regexp mailing list and ask questions about Tomcat.
Instead, you should join the Tomcat User list and ask your questions
there."

And here:

It is also customary on this list, as it is on others, to begin the
subject of your post with [OT] or [OFF TOPIC] for threads, like this
one, that don't deal directly with Tomcat issues.  This allows people
who don't want to wade through off topic discussions to skip right by
them.