tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject [OT] Re: help with html + servlet
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:41:09 GMT
> Ben - I will try your examples. the example says
>          "Download SimpleServlet.war   to your TOMCAT_HOME\webapps"
>          Should I download this code to my Tomcat5.0\webapps\ROOT
>          or Tomcat5.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\ directorie

No, to deploy a war file in Tomcat, just place the war file under
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ and tomcat will deploy it for you.

The invoker servlet has been disabled in Tomcat for some time.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#evil

A lot textbooks are outdated in that respect.
It is standard practice to map each servlet explicitly now.

Good luck with your project.
-Ben