tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerome Lacoste <jer...@coffeebreaks.org>
Subject url rewritting: appended ;jsessionid break webapp + appended in wrong places!
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:11:27 GMT
Hi,

Yesterday I had a rewriting problem on a tomcat server hosting one of my
applications.

When one went for the first time on a page of the app, the resulting
page was rewritten in a way that broke the application:
many ;jsessionid=.... were appended, not only to the URLs but also to
some plain text inside the page!

Furthermore the images and the CSS weren't loading because of the broken
URL, and this made the page looked awful.

Problem could be solved by reloading the page. Then one had to restart
the browser to reproduce the problem.

My JSPs contain usual <c:url> tags (using core tags version 1.0.6).
This behavior was not exhibited on my test servers running standalone
tomcat on Debian GNU/Linux or Windows.

On the hosting, apache 2.0.50 is used with mod_jk2 1.2.5 and tomcat
4.1.30.

Could there be a bug in this configuration? Does this sound familiar to
anyone?

I can send screenshot exhibiting the problem and code to anyone
interested.

Jerome