tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Souther <bsout...@fwdco.com>
Subject Re: JSP pages not refreshing
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:08:37 GMT
> I am on windows. have apache, tomcat and java. I have a test website up and
> running on my test machines.
This is an app that you built?
You didn't just modify the contents of the sample apps shipped with
Tomcat did you?

> I have changed the contents on of the pages. they dont sem to be reflecting
> the changes. On Unix, we have a touch on these jsps, which solves the
> problem.
>
> How can we do it on windows, so that all the pages are refreshed and fresh
> pages are seen.
You shouldn't need to do anything.

Check the dates on the machines you are working with. If the new version
of the file has an earlier date than the existing one, tomcat will not
recompile the JSP.