tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Daly <>
Subject RE: Multipe Tomcat instances
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:19:59 GMT
OK.  I understand the separation point.  I think as long as I can start
separate instances by referencing a separate server.xml file, I'll do it
that way.  If I need to upgrade one web app, then I can split it out

Thanks for the input.  It's appreciated.

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 09:05, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Hi,
> Both Tim's and QM's approaches are viable, and I use them as well under
> certain circumstances.  But by default I just have completely separate
> Tomcat installations.  The only things they might share are the
> hardware, OS, and JDK, depending on the requirements.  So while the
> CATALINA_BASE splitting is possible, I don't actually do it in practice.
> The motivation for me is complete separation, so that if one application
> requires a Tomcat upgrade it can be done separately from others.  But
> then again I'm somewhat of a fanatic when it comes to webapp
> self-containment.  (Although it's served me well).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message