tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Charles Robinson <robin...@ocean.com.au>
Subject Re: JK/JK2 connector className?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:16:25 GMT
Thanks, this really helps! Still not having much luck with my configs
though :-(

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 09:20, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
> Thomas Charles Robinson wrote:
>
> >     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
> >     <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
> >        port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
> >        enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
> >        acceptCount="10" debug="100" connectionTimeout="0"
> >        useURIValidationHack="false"
> >        protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
> >
> > It says in the comment that it is a 'Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector' but
> > can I use this with a JK connector? Actually, is the
> > org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector compatible with JK? Also, will
> > the org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler provide the correct connection
> > to apache (2.0.50) running mod_jk (1.2.5)? I am trying to comprehend the
> > docs but not having much success/fun with them.
> >
> > Can someone further my enlightenment, please?
>
> Heh, the AJP 1.3 channel consists of two ends, Tomcat end and Web Server
> end. The Web Server end is your mod_jk/mod_jk2 (and soon to be,
> mod_proxy_ajp), while the Tomcat end is the Coyote connector.
>
> So, whatever Apache module you use, be it JK1 or JK2, you will use the
> same connector class on the Tomcat side. It is not JK1/2 specific.
>
> Nix.

Thomas Robinson - IT Director Constant Stream

   Integration, Support, Development and Training
   Linux, Oracle, Windows, Networking

   (Daedalus Compass Pty Ltd)            Cell: +44 (0)7879 428 968
   132 Clifden Court, Clifden Road       Work: +44 (0)20 8891 6262
   Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 4LR        Fax:  +44 (0)20 8891 6363
   United Kingdom

   CONFIDENTIALITY: Copyright (C). This message with any appended or
   attached material is intended for addressees only and may not be
   copied or forwarded to or used by other parties without permission.