tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kelly, Steve" <Steve.Ke...@commercequest.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Administration Application
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:46:31 GMT
Wade,

Forgive me but I'm a novice at this stuff. How can I modify the link ?
The context name is 'admin' but when I key in
http://localhost:8080/admin I get the same message telling me to
download and install the separate admin application.

Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Chandler [mailto:wchandler@redesetgrow.com]
Sent: 10 December 2004 17:27
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat Administration Application

Kelly, Steve wrote:
> I've just installed Tomcat 5.5.4. I also downloaded the separate
> Tomcat Administration application. But when I click the Tomcat
> Administration button I still get the message saying the web
> application is no longer installed by default. From the Tomcat manager

> it says that application 'admin' is running. What else do I need to do
to get into it ?

> TIA,
>
> Steve.

Well, I assume that first page you are talking about is static, so it
has no idea about the management app.  You could probably find and
modify the link, and the other thing is from your manager application
find the context for the admin app and type in
http://yourservername:yourport/contextname

Wade