tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: setting up tomcat/JBOSS with apache
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:47:23 GMT
From: "B Wiley" <info@wileynet.com>
> All I
> see online and in every example is how mod_Jk helps you knock out the
> :8080 but the apps have to be sitting in webapps.

No, they don't.  For example the 'manager' webapp that ships with Tomcat
does not live under 'webapps'.

>The reason I'm asking is I was hosting a site on a resin server and that
>server seems to have the setup I was describing, you can keep your apps on
>apache and just configure the http.conf.

Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth, to me.  But if you can come up
with URL patterns that need to be handed off to Tomcat, plus convince Apache
not to serve anything under WEB-INF directly, then I'm sure you could get it
to work.

What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?  (And what does it have
to do with JBOSS?  I skipped it initially because I don't use JBOSS, but
your question only seems to deal with Tomcat/Apache/JK configuration.)

--
Wendy Smoak