tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Best place to store files ?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:02:10 GMT
Not to my knowledge. But it has been known to be lacking at times.

Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric VERGNAUD" <eric.vergnaud@jlynx.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Best place to store files ?

le 7/12/04 23:33, Parsons Technical Services à
parsonstechnical@earthlink.net a écrit :

> I use a directory that belongs to the owner of Tomcat and is located
> outside
> of the Tomcat directory. It really is a matter of preference. As for not
> overwriting the files, I have yet to read anything on this. How would you
> determine which file to keep and which to overwrite? If you never deleted
> any files then the directory would fill with abandoned file that belonged
> prior versions of your app. That means you would have to manage the files
> manually and with that is the chance to delete a file belonging to your
> app.
>
> Simple terms, pick a place just for them use it.
>
> Doug

Yes it's simple. I was just wondering whether there was a preferred method
for this, and maybe a folder in the Tomcat directory for that purpose.

Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software
Cutting-edge technologies and
services for software companies
web: http://www.jlynx.com