tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: help with html + servlet
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:30:07 GMT
From: "Nestor Florez" <Nflorez@guhsd.net>
> I put my HTML code in the Tomcat 5.0\webapps\ROOT directory and I
> am putting my servlet in the Tomcat
5.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\florezn,

Make sure your package statement is correct for that path.

> I am doing this for a homework and part one is supposed to be simple a
HTML file that ask for
> your name and the servlet just display the named enter.  I am just missing
where to put the servlet.
> I was reading a book that said that you put your servlets in the
path/servlets/myservlet, but then you access
> the servlet by using path/servlet/myservlet.

Is this the assigned textbook for your class?  That path is indicative of
the "Invoker Servlet".  You will either need to enable it, which may get you
by for this class, or else configure your servlet in web.xml.

Last time I checked, the Invoker Servlet was still enabled in the 'examples'
webapp.  Try dropping your .class file and html page into webapps\examples\
instead and see if it works.  [I'm still on 4.1, no idea about 5.0.]

--
Wendy Smoak