tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: HP-UX misbehaving AGAIN
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:50:49 GMT
From: "Tim Funk" <funkman@joedog.org>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/memory.html#why
>
> After a long battle with HP-UX - I love the performance I get on it. Odds
are
> - your memory issues have to do with process/thread limits.

Thank you for the tip!  It turned out to be that Tomcat was out of threads,
according to a message in catalina.out.  In server.xml, maxThreads was set
to 75, and I read that it should be set to the same thing as Apache's
MaxClients, which was 150.  I probably did that to myself, we install Apache
and Tomcat from HP's 'depot' but then I replace Tomcat as they always lag
behind.

Crisis averted for the moment!  Thanks again for your help.
--
Wendy Smoak