tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Viorel Dragomir" <vdrago...@wylog.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 Webapp logging.
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:06:07 GMT
Maybe the problem is not what the log4j.properties contains but if it is found by the package.
Try to put this file in System.getProperties().get("user.dir") [ the package itself is located
in WEB-INF/lib ]

Viorel Dragomir

.
..

----- Original Message -----
From: Dale, Matt
To: Tomcat Users List
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 18:00
Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5 Webapp logging.

Hi,

I can't even get it to create the log file and see no log4j related messages in the catalina.out.
Below is my log4j.properties which is in common/classes

log4j.rootLogger=debug, R
log4j.appender.R.File=/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat-5.5.4/logs/tomcat.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=100MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, R

I have put log4j-1.2.9.jar in common lib.

I would have thought that at least the file would be created even if nothing was in it.

Any ideas?

Ta
Matt