tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andoni <andonil...@eurokom.ie>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.5-alpha Released
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:17:13 GMT
Ok, forgive my ignorance but can someone show me where there are
descriptions for the files available:
http://apache.mirrors.esat.net/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.5.5/README.html
gives brief descriptions but I have other questions:

Do the .zip and .exe contain all the others? If not which do they contain,
just the Admin App.?

Why would I want the admin app separately? What previous versions of TC will
it run under if any?

When would I use a standalone deployer? What is it? Can I deploy from my PC
up to a server with it?

When would I use an embedded version?

If there are docs to answer these questions somewhere please point me that
way. If not I will get the info and type it up if anyone wants me to.

Thanks in advance,
Andoni.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.tomcat.user,gmane.comp.jakarta.tomcat.devel
Cc: <pmc@jakarta.apache.org>; <announce@apachenews.org>
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 3:34 PM
Subject: [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.5-alpha Released

The Apache Jakarta Tomcat team is proud to announce the immediate
availability of Tomcat 5.5.5-alpha. This build contains numerous bug
fixes and other improvements on top of the stable 5.5.4 release.

Release notes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES

Please refer to the change log for the list of changes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html

Downloads: Binaries:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi#tomcat-5.5
Sources: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi#tomcat-5.5