tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Behrens" <...@diekleinedomain.de>
Subject Taglib attributes in Tomcat 4.0.6
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:25:39 GMT
Hi list,

I am working in a TC 4.0.6 environment and would like to be able to hand
dynamic parameters over to my taglib (as I have done before in newer
versions of TC and other projects). I am bound to TC 4.0.6 as I am working
on a prototype system that is supposed to start from CD when finished. I
found a howto for TC 4.0.6 explaning all neccessary steps to set this up and
is working fine so far.

I have done this before like this:

<code>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/pathToTLD/loegd.tld" prefix="loegd" %>

<%
	String valueName = "someValue";
%>

	<loegd:isField name="<%= valueName%>" />
</code>

Expecting that when called
	myTaglibInstance.getName() == valueName == true
unfortunately however this happens
	myTaglibInstance.getName() == "<%= valueName%>" == true

Has anyone out there an explanation, or can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Any ideas & suggestions and the like are very welcome!

Cheers, Jan

Here is the taglib if that may be of help:

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd">
<taglib>
	<tlib-version>1.0-b3</tlib-version>
	<jsp-version>1.2</jsp-version>
	<short-name>loegd</short-name>
	<tag>
		<name>isField</name>
		<tag-class>de.some.package.InputSetField</tag-class>
		<attribute>
			<name>name</name>
			<required>true</required>
			<rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>