tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Behrens" <>
Subject Taglib attributes in Tomcat 4.0.6
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:25:39 GMT
Hi list,

I am working in a TC 4.0.6 environment and would like to be able to hand
dynamic parameters over to my taglib (as I have done before in newer
versions of TC and other projects). I am bound to TC 4.0.6 as I am working
on a prototype system that is supposed to start from CD when finished. I
found a howto for TC 4.0.6 explaning all neccessary steps to set this up and
is working fine so far.

I have done this before like this:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/pathToTLD/loegd.tld" prefix="loegd" %>

	String valueName = "someValue";

	<loegd:isField name="<%= valueName%>" />

Expecting that when called
	myTaglibInstance.getName() == valueName == true
unfortunately however this happens
	myTaglibInstance.getName() == "<%= valueName%>" == true

Has anyone out there an explanation, or can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Any ideas & suggestions and the like are very welcome!

Cheers, Jan

Here is the taglib if that may be of help:

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.2//EN" "">

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message