tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Payne" <DEN...@mtctrains.com>
Subject Yikes! Where did 'webapps' go?! (5.0.28)
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:30:58 GMT
While re-deploying an application I did the following:

-  Stopped the application from the manager
-  Undeployed the application from the manager
-  Stopped Tomcat (5.0.28)
-  Started Tomcat
-  Tried to deploy a WAR file located on my C: drive to the server
-  Manager went completely blank... no further activity
-  Shutdown browser, and started a new one
-  Went into manager and found that the app had not been deployed.
-  Looked in the tomcat home and found that webapps was GONE! All of
it.

Has anyone experienced this before?  What happened?  What can I do to
restore all the other apps (Tomcat installed)  that used to be there?
How can I avoid this in the future?

Please help!

I have reverted to a previous server to get by now...

-Dennis Payne-