tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <Da...@bvu.edu>
Subject Re: Installing a webmail client such as squirrelmail (PHP) on tomcat?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:46:30 GMT
I think you'd be better off fronting Tomcat with Apache or IIS
(depending on your platform). mod_php for Apache seems to have a pretty
good track record. For IIS, I'd suggest using php.exe for process
isolation rather than the PHP ISAPI application extension due to known
threading issues.

You might also be able to use Tomcat's CGI servlet to execute PHP
scripts with the appropriate binary for your platform, but I can't speak
to that from specific experience.

>>> DLEE1@irf.com 11/18/2004 4:11:37 PM >>>

Hi! Folks,

Has anyone run the php application on Tomcat?. I'm trying to install
the
squirrelmail on tomcat so I can web access my james email server.

What is the best way to integrate the php with tomcat or any
suggesstions or pitfalls to avoid?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

David Lee