tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Earl Lewis" <Earl.Le...@it.utah.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 "wrong name" problem
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:12:56 GMT
I seem to have answered my own questions.  I thought others could learn
from my mistakes so here's what I did wrong.

First, after I "refactored" everything into packages I had left some of
the original classes in the default package and Tomcat was apparently
using those to load the webapp. Obviously, not what I wanted.

Next, after I removed all the old stuff and restarted Tomcat I threw a
new exception, "ClassNotFound" and it was pointing to my servlet class.
It made me think of my comments about web.xml so I went trolling for my
servlet definitions and added the package name to each one and voila! It
works!

Well, almost. It seems that Tomcat 5.0 doesn't use the
./servlet/ServletName URLs like 3.3.1 did so I have some fixes here and
there, but otherwise, I'm back in business!

Earl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message