tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.4 and Deferred IIS NTLM Authentication
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 04:41:36 GMT
Tomcat 5.5.x doesn't use by default.  To use it, you need:
    <Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" propertiesFile="conf/" ...
Alternatively you can configure it directly:
    <Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" request.tomcatAuthentication="false" ...

"Allistair Crossley" <> wrote in message

OK, apart from my logging problem, the only other main issue appears to be
that Tomcat is no longer receiving a populated request.getRemoteUser value.
In Tomcat 5.0 series, we had to add the following line to

In order to instruct Tomcat to allow the web server (IIS) to pass through
the NTLM-detected user name.

Has anything changed (seems like it has as I only replaced the working
tomcat 5.0.28 installation with 5.5.4 with no other interference)?

Cheers, Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055