tomcat-users mailing list archives

From José Luis <joseluisrodrig...@generagroup.com>
Subject RE: Speed of <jsp:useBean> tags.
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:54:28 GMT
Hi Andoni,
	i have a proliant server and when i installed tomcat at first time this runs slow, taking
few seconds to complete one request. Change config of Tomcat and JVM. Use programs like Jmeter
to measure your system performance.

This link help you to improve JVM performance.
http://www.wilsonmar.com/1javagc.htm

About tomcat, change the connector properties in server.xml:
	port="8080"
	minProcessors="50"	<---- adjust min and max processors
	maxProcessors="500"	<----
      enableLookups="false"	<---- adjust this to false
	redirectPort="8443"
      acceptCount="10"
	debug="0"
	connectionTimeout="2000"
      useURIValidationHack="false"/>

In addition i read that change JSP tomcat compiler by other faster like Jikes, increase the
general performance.
I'm installing Jikes at this time and i'm searching a better performance for my system.
Other solutions that i'll try are:
- DB connection pool.
- Tomcat clustering with 2 servers.