tomcat-users mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject j_security_check/ Realm question
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:36:11 GMT

Hi,
I have a question for webapplication  developer ,
I have already applied JDBcRealm  but im  confused between the security -
constraints in the web.xml   and the realm
because in web.xml also web.xml we declare the security roles and  also in
database table so if we have say  5-10 differernt kind of users do we need
to declare them in web.xml and  also to create them in database ??
My second question is after the application authentication type  "FORM" my
action is  =j_security_check   how ever in i want to direct the user to
some  welcome jsp after  succcessful log  where do i need to mention
that??

your help is appreciated
thanks
regards

Birendar Singh Waldiya
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and solely for the
addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use of the
said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information
belonging to Tata Consultancy Services Limited. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed,
forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful
act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message
need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services limited on
any subject matter.
  Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk and
neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services Limited takes any responsibility
or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in
this message that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services limited
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services Limited or
any affiliate of Tata Consultancy Services Limited. If you have received this message in error,
 you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
 Thank you.