tomcat-users mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject Re: SSL and server.xml
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:53:53 GMT

I too had bad time with this implementation because of  fact  I mis
spelled keystore  as keystores

what i see in your  server.xml is    sslProtocal is that required ?
secondly i think you need to give the name of keystore file not just
.keystore

check   snippet of my server.xml

and compare

               enableLookups="true"
           acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
      <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false"
keystoreFile="c:\birendar\mykey.keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
protocol="TLS" />
    </Connector>

see it this helps you .

Birendar Singh Waldiya
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Jeffrey Trimble <jtrimble@cc.ysu.edu>
11/18/2004 12:59 AM

Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
SSL and server.xml

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.27 and am having a heck of time getting a
connection
with
port 8443.

My firewall has 8000-8999 open.

Here is snipet from my server.xml regarding the connector for port
8443.  Is there something
I don't see?

  <Connector acceptCount="100" enableLookups="true"
           keystoreFile="/home/dspace/.keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
           port="8443" scheme="https" secure="true"
           sslProtocol="TLS" clientauth="false"
           keypass="changeit" keystore="/home/dspace/.keystore"
           keytype="JKS" protocol="TLS">
   <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"/>
  </Connector>

I am not able to https://localhost:8443 at all.  Dead

Any suggestions for me to check out?

TIA,

Jeffrey A. Trimble
Systems/Catalog Librarian
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH
jtrimble@cc.ysu.edu
(330) 941-2483

ForwardSourceID:NT00004276

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and solely for the
addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use of the
said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information
belonging to Tata Consultancy Services Limited. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed,
forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful
act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message
need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services limited on
any subject matter.
  Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk and
neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services Limited takes any responsibility
or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in
this message that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services limited
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services Limited or
any affiliate of Tata Consultancy Services Limited. If you have received this message in error,
 you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
 Thank you.