tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkatesh.B...@trilogy.com
Subject Problem with classpaths
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 05:03:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm using tomcat 4.1 for our application, the problem i'm facing is that
tomcat is often unable to find the classes present in my application and
also certain classes like javax.servlet.HttpServlet,
com.objectspace.jgl.Sequence etc... However, I've placed all the classes
and jars in the appropriate folders.

I've placed all my classes in
<CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
I've placed all my jars including the jgl3.1.0.jar(that contains
com.objectspace.jgl.Sequence) in <CATALINA_HOME>/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib

and all the other commonly used jars including the servlet.jar (contains
javax.servlet.HttpServlet) in <CATALINA_HOME>/common/lib/

If I don't include the servlet.jar in my CLASSPATH, I get a no class def
found error for HttpServlet and once I include servlet.jar, I get a
noclassdef found error for Sequence. Can anybody please tell me as to how
the CLASSPATH works for tomcat and what all should I include in
classpath... I would be grateful for the info u provide... This problem is
bugging me since the past 2 days :-(

-Venkatesh