tomcat-users mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject Re: <url-pattern> question
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:25:42 GMT

You need to move the class file not java file  check if it works

Birendar Singh Waldiya
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Peter Fogg <peter.fogg@sbcglobal.net>
11/12/2004 04:12 AM

Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: <url-pattern> question

Sorry, both of the urls are "gttp://localhost:8080/. . .

On Nov 11, 2004, at 2:38 PM, Peter Fogg wrote:

> Trying to learn how to develop applications in JSP and servlets. Using
> Tomcat 5.0.28 on Mac OS X v10.3.5.
>
> In web-apps directory created subdirectory LearningTree.
> Created and compiled a servlet HelloWorldServlet.class in the
> LearningTree directory.
> Moved the class to the LearningTree/WEB-INF/classes directory.
> Created the web.xml file with <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> sections.
> Set the <url-pattern> to "/".
> Started Tomcat
> http://8080/LearningTree/HelloWorldServlet works.
> Stopped Tomcat.
>
> Created a subdirectory, HWS, of LearningTree directory.
> Moved the HelloWorldServlet.fava file into the HWS directory.
> Moved the above WEB-INF directory into the HWS directory.
> Started Tomcat.
> http://8080/LearningTree/HWS/HelloWorldServlet does not work -
> resource not available.
> ??
>
> Also, can someone point me to a clear and concise explanation of the
> <url-pattern> issue?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help offered.
>
> Peter-

ForwardSourceID:NT000033EE

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and solely for the
addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use of the
said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information
belonging to Tata Consultancy Services Limited. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed,
forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful
act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message
need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services limited on
any subject matter.
  Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk and
neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services Limited takes any responsibility
or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in
this message that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services limited
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services Limited or
any affiliate of Tata Consultancy Services Limited. If you have received this message in error,
 you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
 Thank you.