tomcat-users mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject Re: secure jsp using web.xml in tomcat 5.0.19
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:22:45 GMT

I think you need not to mention the method as the jsp is translated to a
servlet with _service methds as main methods  etc.. im not sure but i
think so..

Birendar Singh Waldiya
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_ash1312@yahoo.com>
11/18/2004 03:36 AM

Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
secure jsp using web.xml in tomcat 5.0.19

Hi
I want to secure all my jsp in my web application,
I added following security constraint in my web.xml
file, but some how seems it does not work
<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Block Access to jsp
files</web-resource-name>
<description>This is to block access to all jsp
files</description>
 <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
                 <http-method>POST</http-method>
                 <http-method>GET</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>

</security-constraint>
what may be the reason??

Ashish

ForwardSourceID:NT0000426E

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and solely for the
addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use of the
said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information
belonging to Tata Consultancy Services Limited. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed,
forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful
act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message
need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services limited on
any subject matter.
  Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk and
neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services Limited takes any responsibility
or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in
this message that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services limited
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services Limited or
any affiliate of Tata Consultancy Services Limited. If you have received this message in error,
 you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
 Thank you.