tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Error Preventing upgrade to Tomcat 5
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:49:15 GMT
I thought it is a nice feature of Tomcat 5 since it hides the index.jsp from
http://localhost/index.jsp so that =the main link becomes http://localhost.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Cherrett [mailto:stuff@trackingsolutions.ca]
Sent: November 29, 2004 8:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Error Preventing upgrade to Tomcat 5

I have found a work around. It would require that we werite our jsps.

If I pass this to my controller it crashes in Tomcat 5
document.frmGeneral.taskService.value = "/";

This works
document.frmGeneral.taskService.value = "";

Does this help?

Thanks

On Monday 29 November 2004 06:23 pm, Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
>  From the source, it possible our code need a fix. Can you open a bug
>
> and attach a test case? Mainly, this line is failling:
> >     199             // The first scenario occurs when the jsp is not
> > directly un        der / 200             // example: /utf16/foo.jsp
> >     201             if (requestUri != null){
> >     202                 String currentIncludedUri
> >     203                     =
> > requestUri.substring(requestUri.indexOf(includeUri        )); 204
>
> probably the indexOf is returning -1
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Jeanfrancois
>
> Chris Cherrett wrote:
> > I have tried to solve this now for awhile and can't seem to track it
> > down. The error only happens in Tomcat 5.
> >
> > When I call
> >
> > RequestDispatcher taskDispatcher =
> >                     req.getRequestDispatcher(taskServices[c]);
> >
> >                     if (taskDispatcher != null)
> >                     {
> >                         taskDispatcher.include(req, res);   //crashed
> > here }
> >
> > The request dispatcher gives me the following output:
> >
> > Nov 29, 2004 5:23:02 PM
> >org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher
> > invoke SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
> >         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1762)
> >         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1735)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:202) at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applicat
> >ionFilterChain.java:237) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilte
> >rChain.java:157) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatch
> >er.java:674) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispa
> >tcher.java:576) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatc
> >her.java:501) at
> > TSIController.TSIController.service(TSIController.java:47) at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applicat
> >ionFilterChain.java:237) at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilte
> >rChain.java:157) at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve
> >.java:214) at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve
> >.java:178) at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
> >126) at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
> >105) at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.j
> >ava:107) at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:14
> >8) at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:825
> >) at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processCo
> >nnection(Http11Protocol.java:731) at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.
> >java:526) at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowe
> >rWorkerThread.java:80) at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.
> >java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> > in exception
> > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
> >
> > Any help would be appriciated.
> >
> > Thanks

Chris Cherrett
Tracking Solutions International