tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: CGI ...yeah, I know (Tomcat 4.1.29)
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:20:24 GMT
Enable cgiservlet log (I usually set debug to 6) and see what's output in
the log (very detail).

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Claassen [mailto:mac@donnell.com]
Sent: November 5, 2004 5:07 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: CGI ...yeah, I know (Tomcat 4.1.29)

I know that Tomcat is not an ideal CGI server, but I am having real trouble
getting it to work at all.  Most often I get the Exception below, and it
doesn't seem to be running our perl program at all.  (We can run the perl
program by hand though).  We had a bit of trouble getting it setup in the
first place, and we got errors way different from this.  I figured that
since we were getting this, we must have everything else setup correctly.

Looking at the 4.1.27 source this is:
1686:     commandsStdIn.flush();
          commandsStdIn.close();
commandsStdIn is the output stream to the process.

Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking?

Thanks,
Mark

java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:257)
        at
java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:69)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:127)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:128)
        at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIRunner.run(CGIServlet.java:1686)