tomcat-users mailing list archives

From muimi admin <...@muimi.com>
Subject RE: License Reason using JRE(RE: Tomcat JRE vs JDK Issue)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 02:25:07 GMT
Hi, thanks to reply.

>>I heard that
>>Sun JDK can redistributed for commercial use with no changes.
>
>You heard? ;)  Can you please point to an official confirmation of this?

I only know the Sun JDK license document.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/jdk-1_5_0-license.txt
-> C. License to Distribute Redistributables
Sun grants you a non-exclusive,
non-transferable, limited license without fees to reproduce
and distribute those files specifically identified as
redistributable in the Software "README" file ("Redistributables")

README file say that there are some optional files but full is OK.
Other part of license.txt show some conditions(no change, confirm license etc..).

It seem that redistributed is OK for me.
but, I am not familiar with license things.
so, I ask my acquaintances who know such things.
They said redistribute is OK.

Shinji Miyamoto