tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat startup time delay in Windows 95/98
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:31:55 GMT
Use an actual operating system :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pragyan Padmini Misra [mailto:pragyan@emacmillan.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 6:48 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Tomcat startup time delay in Windows 95/98

HI,
  I had posted this earlier and again am resending as am still not
getting any solution. Can any one help me out on this. The application
which we have developed has a performance related issue in Windows
95/98. We install the application and when we click on the aplication
icon it internally invokes a Flash screen displaying the application is
server startup process, which internally calls the catalina.bat file and
so on and so forth. We cannot startup Tomcat as a service in Win 95/98.
The problem basically which we are facing is the time taken for the load
of the application. The load time takes up about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
This doesnt seem to be a feasible solution for the product acceptance.
Is there any way we can decrease the tomcat startup load time? Can we
manipulate on the processes so as to reduce the load time? Or is there
any solution for the same?

  Regards
  Pragyan